VALUE ENGINEERING & INNOVATIONS
24 – 25 MAY 2018, Wrocław, Hotel Novotel Centrum
1st Day - conference - 24.05
All presentations will be simultaneously translated.
8:30 – 9:00
9:10 – 10:00
E-Mobility is taking off! Automotive industry is facing a fundamental transition from combustion engines to electric vehicles
- Key drivers towards an electrified future of mobility
- Challenges for the automotive supply industry
- Cost efficiency in electric components is key
10:00 – 10:40
Panel Discussion: Innovations in the Automotive Industry
- Resource efficiency – both in production processes, and in operation
- Eco-trends and their impact on automotive industry and procurement function
- The leader of innovation: supplier or manufacturer?
10:40 – 11:00
11:00 – 11:50
Cost of energy challenges in the wind industry – how Value Engineering philosophy allows to reach ambitious management targets
- Current challenges in the wind industry and for Nordex group as a global wind turbine manufacturer
- Value Engineering approach at Nordex Acciona Windpower
- Project example and results for a system optimization within early product development
11:50 – 12:20
Value engineering: Looking for a compromise between cost and value
- Why value engineering?
- The tools and how to use them
- The development of purchasing function’s competence
12:20 – 13:10
13:10 – 14:00
Management of suppliers’ financial risk
- financial risk early warning systems
- prevention of suppliers’ financial risk
- bankrupt supplier – what to do?
- legal aspects of bankruptcies
14:00 – 14:30
The movement of prices of raw materials and currencies: Practical tips enabling effective negotiations with suppliers.
- Major factors affecting the movement of prices of raw materials and currencies,
- Key aspects allowing effective price negotiations with a supplier,
- Price increase demands from a supplier. What you should pay attention to when analysing the received data,
- Practical examples of clauses in purchase contracts.
14:30 – 15:00
Two sides of the coin: Automation and robotics from the Purchasing Agent’s point of view
- Factors and business environment for applying modern solutions
- Advantages and challenges related to process automation and robotics
- Examples of practical applications in production purchases
15:00 – 15:20
15:20 – 15:50
Value Management: How does the purchasing department increase the company’s value?
- Using the company’s external resources: a supplier on a full-time basis
- The role of a strategic purchasing department in a company
- Financial contribution of the purchasing department to the company’s performance
15:50 – 16:20
Auctions and negotiation strategies in the production sector (case study)
- What negotiation strategy to choose when conducting auctions
- Can you negotiate with a monopolist
- Energy purchase and price negotiations
- How much time you can save with the negotiation process itself
16:20 – 16:50
16:50 – 17:00